How to pay Withholding Income Tax using Online Banking

Hello everyone, how’s going ?


Today, I’d like to talk about “Withholding Income Tax “,
which is called “Gensen-Shotokuzei” (源泉所得税,or 源泉税)
in Japanese.


When you hire someone and pay salary,
you need to withdraw income tax in many cases.


After withdrawing their income tax, employer need to pay it.


Each employer must culculate the amount of
withholding employee’s income tax, and
must make payment letter by himself/herself.


Yes, accountant, like me, culculate and make the payment for clients.
Have you seen such a letter ?  (It’s a sample.)
↓  ↓  ↓


You have to take it to the bank, post office,
or Taxoffice and pay the “withholding income tax”.
But,There’s one problem…


What would you do if you didn’t have enough time to visit bank?


Don’t worry about it, you can pay by online banking !


It maybe seem to be difficult for you,
but I recommend it because it’s very useful way


It contains  4 steps.

↓  ↓  ↓

Step1; Enter E-tax system

Step2; Input informations you have (amount of withholding tax.)

Step3; Submit them on-line.

Step4; Access Online banking WebSite which you usually use.



I have an instruction for “Step 4” (as follows).
I hope it’ll be helpful for you…

↓  ↓  ↓

How to pay Withholding Income Tax using Online Banking 2018



And don’t forget the deadline, for small companies
which hire less than 10 persons, it’s 10th. July and 20th. January.
( for others, next month 10days is deadline.)



Have a nice day 🙂



2018年7月5日 2:10 PM | カテゴリー: English

Japanese sales tax (No.1, tax liability)

When you decide to open your own business in Japan,
you must pay attention to sales tax, as well as to income tax.


There’re many rules to filing sales tax which is very complicated,
and I recommend you ask accountant, like me.
( In Japan, they’re  called “税理士(Zeirishi)” or “会計士(Kaikeishi)”)


Even you can ask someone, it’s better for you to know the basic rules.
Today, I explain one of them, that is ;


When the liability of sales tax will occur ?


Actually, the answer is depend on whether your business is
self-employed type or company.


First, I mention the case “self-employed type“, for example,

↓    ↓    ↓

You start your own business as “self-employed type”, in June.


In the first year, the amount of sales is JPY7,000,000
and next year’s, JPY12,000,000.

In 3rd and 4th year, it’s about JPY20,000,000.


When the amount of sales become over JPY10,000,000,
you’re supposed to filing sales tax 2 years later.

And in that case you have to pay the 4th year’s sales tax
by the end of March , in 5th year.


Next, I mention the case “company“, for example,

↓    ↓    ↓

You established a company in June, and you decide
the fiscal year end is September.


In the first year, the amount of sales is JPY4,000,000
and next year’s, JPY12,000,000.


In 3rd and 4th year, it’s about JPY20,000,000.




In the case of company, different from individual,
if the first fiscal year contains less than 12 months,
you have to culculate the monthly amount of sales.
( in that case, 4,000,000yen ÷ 4 months = 1,000,000yen)


When the result of “monthly sales” ×12  is over 10,000,000yen,
you’re supposed to filing sales tax 2 years after that year.


And in that case you have to pay the 3rd year’s sales tax
by the end of November , in 4th year.


If you’re going to establish a company and you’ll get sales 
about 834,000yen ~ 840,000yen per month …
it’s better that the first fiscal year contains 12 months.



Does it make sense to you ?

Actually, what I mentioned above is just one of general rules.
In some cases, you’ll have to pay sales tax from the first fiscal
year or second.


On the other hand, you could claim back sales tax if your business
is exporting or if you spend a lot of money than the amont of sales.


But in that case, there’re many things you have to notice.
I’ll tell you next time. :)


Thank you, have a nice day !

2018年5月3日 2:57 PM | カテゴリー: English

相談料のPayPal 決済に対応可能となりました。

本年度より、当事務所はPayPal での決済に対応可能となりました。

PayPal での料金支払いをご利用頂けるのは、下記のお客様です。
↓  ↓  ↓

・当事務所への報酬は年に1度の決算料のみという顧問先 様




You can pay the consultation fee to us by PAYPAL.


The case of single-time contract,consutation fee is at least JPY 6,000 per consultation.


On the other hand, if I need to continue to give you some advice,
you’re supposed to pay at least JPY 10,000 per month.


If you’d like to know more about,please look at this page;
↓  ↓  ↓

2018年1月8日 9:33 AM | カテゴリー: English, 確定申告




こないだからお送りしている 「業績アップのコツ」 シリーズの続きは





その性質としては 「税金計算のための個人情報確認書」 ですよ?





そうしたツールの一部である 「アンケート方式扶養控除申告書」をご紹介します。

↓  ↓












シングルファーザーなどは このシートも必須です。


入力が完了した後に 「扶養控除申告書」という最後のシートを開けば





メール等で送れば良いかと存じます。<(_ _)>









Dear everyone,
I’m Reiko Nagaoka, Japanese tax accountant.


Have you seen this document?
If you’re a resident in Japan, maybe you have received it.

This is very important document that company will hand to you.
( Because the company need it to culculate your income tax.)



But …  I guess it’s difficult for you.
So, I made it.
↓  ↓  ↓
Declaration form about dependent (2017ver.)  (←Click here )


First, you need to save this file on your PC.


When you open this file, you’ll see this sheet first.


Next, please open the sheet of “question2”.
This is the most important one.



If you have family to support, you’re supposed to check next sheet.


When you finish checking all questions, please open this sheet.
You’ll see the document is completed.


Please print this sheet and submit to your employer.

If you got this Excel by your mobile phone, sometimes you couldn’t open
the sheet of Declaration form.
But, you’ll be able to send this Excel to your employer by e-mail.


I hope this helps you.


2017年7月22日 7:33 PM | カテゴリー: English, 給料と税金

About the Japanese Income Tax system.

Thank you for visiting my web-site.

Today, I talk about Japanese Income Tax.

( Please don’t mistake Income Tax from Inhabitant Tax.I’m talking about Income Tax.)


Even foreigners are subject to Income tax on income earned in Japan.

However, the amount of Income tax varies depending on the case.


(Example 1)For the case of individuals who do not live in Japan(Non Residents)

( When you click this picture, you can see the bigger one.)


For those who do not live in Japan,

only income earned domestically is subject to Japanese Income tax.

For income earned in countries other than Japan, there is no need to pay Japanese taxes.


(Example2) For those who live in Japan and who satisfy both of the following two conditions

Condition1.Currently live in Japan, but not a Japanese citizen.

Condition2.Have lived in Japan for less than 5 of the past 10 years.


In short this example applies to:

“Foreigners, who are not permanently residing in Japan.”

In this case, Japanese Income tax will be applied to income received in Japan

and income earned in Japan.


(Example 3) For those living in Japan, excluding those who are covered by example 2 (above.)

In this case, whether the income is earned in Japan or not,

Japanese Income taxes will be charged on all income earned.


However, in cases where income earned in a foreign country is subject to

both Japanese Income tax and foreign tax, there is a procedure to refund tax

that has been charged twice.



These are basic rules. It may be different from your case,in detail.

So, if you’d like to know about which is “your case”, you’re supposed to ask

Japanese Tax Office, or tax adviser.(just like me.)



Thank you,


Reiko Nagaoka

2016年12月12日 11:41 AM | カテゴリー: English